Apostolic Christian Academy is sponsored by First Apostolic Church and is accredited by the Christian Education Department of the Assemblies of the Lord Jesus Christ, which maintains a national charter with the federal government. ACA currently maintains an “AA” rating, the highest level of accreditation with the ALJC. Tennessee Association of Non-Public Academic Schools (TANAS) grants our member association. TANAS is an approved Private School Accrediting Agency recognized by the Tennessee State Department of Education. Apostolic Christian Academy has a star rating among other Christian, private institutions in their category.
Objectives in Education
- Our objectives in the education of your children are as follows:
- Prepare children spiritually by instilling in them a personal responsibility to and appreciation for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Prepare children to successfully live in a democratic system helping them to develop a sense of responsibility as a citizen and a Christian.
- Offer an instructional program that meets the academic needs of children, one that encourages them to think clearly, logically, and independently, achieving mastery in the tools of learning and communication.
- To develop moral, ethical, and spiritual senses.
- Provide them with opportunities to develop an understanding of, and an appreciation for their own personal worth and that of others.
- Provide opportunities to develop skills necessary for making a living.
- Offer opportunities to participate in wholesome forms of recreation.
- To intensively prepare all graduates for college entry through College and Career Preparatory Programs.
Careful attention is used in curriculum planning, using the ABeka Book Inc., so that our academic program satisfies the requirements of the Tennessee State Board of Education (as published in their Rules, Regulations and Minimum Standards), and the requirements of the other points of our school purpose. Our curriculum and standards each year reflect age-appropriate challenges that prepare our graduates to be admitted to college upon graduation.
Our curriculum plan exceeds standard school requirements. Classes such as Career Exploration, College Prep, Physical Education, Bible, Arts and National Christian School Competition are included in their general studies.
Electives include but are not limited to:
- Praise/Worship Team
- Video/Audio Production
- Multimedia using Pro Presenter
- Sound Production
- Stage Lighting
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Music Theory/Choir
- Spring Program
- Stage Design
- Leadership Club
Apostolic Christian Academy utilizes Jupiter Grades as a Learning Management System (LMS). This online system allows both the parent and the student to view academic progress as well as receive/send school communication from teachers and administration. Once enrolled, both student and parent will receive a unique login that gives them access to their personal dashboard from any device.
THE SCHOOL DAY
The school day at ACA begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 3:00 p.m (1st-12th grade). Kindergarten hours are from 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. If Kindergarten students are not picked up by 12:15, they will go into after school care and an additional fee will be charged. Students should arrive no earlier than 7:45 a.m. or remain no later than 3:15 p.m. unless previous arrangements are made with Apostolic Christian Academy After the Bell Program for extended school care. Any student not enrolled in extended school care and who arrives before 7:45 a.m. or is not picked
up by 3:15 p.m. will be charged $3 for every 15-minute period accordingly. For security purposes, doors remain locked at all times, please ring the bell to be admitted into the building.